JOIN US FOR THIS IMPORTANT TALK
Many Faces of Dementia
Spring into Senior Learning Seminar Series
Wednesday March 8, 2017 6:00 pm
Hosted by Iris Memory Care
Alzheimer’s disease is a degenerative brain disease and the most common cause of dementia. Dementia is characterized by a decline in memory, language, problem-solving and other cognitive skills that affect a person’s ability to perform everyday activities.
-Alzheimer’s Association 2016 Facts and Figures
Join us at Iris Memory Care for this FREE informative talk by Ben Pearce
- Dementia and causes are defined.
- Causes other than Alzheimer’s disease are detailed including mild cognitive impairment, vascular dementia, Huntington’s, Parkinson’s, and other related conditions.
- Treatable causes of dementia include reactions to medications, metabolic abnormalities, nutritional deficiencies, emotional problems, delirium, depression, and infections.
- Learn to recognize the 10 warning signs of Alzheimer’s disease and the symptoms during the progression of the disease from early to middle to late stage.
- Current research into probable causes and genetic links are discussed and linked to pharmacology and side effects of the FDA approved drugs.
- Attendees will learn how to recognize early stage symptoms and how to respond to their loved one’s issues relating to short-term memory loss, word-finding problems, asking the same question repeatedly, denial, decision making, and paranoia.
2424 NW 178th Street, Edmond OK 73012
Call 405-330-2222 to RSVP. Ask for Jessie Motsinger or Sherri Hudlow.